The Canadian unemployment rate remains low, reducing the pool of available talent and increasing the already-high demand for top-notch professionals across the country. At the same time, even lower unemployment rates for key occupations suggests the market for skilled workers will remain tight.
That means 2020 presents even greater challenges for employers looking to expand their workforce.
Read the report for the latest employment trends
Gain a better understanding of today’s Canadian employment trends and improve your recruiting efforts by downloading The Demand for Skilled Talent. In this report, you’ll find the latest research on the employment market, including data from the most recent Statistics Canada Labour Force Survey Report and exclusive insight into hiring trends from Robert Half.
Recruitment and retention challenges ahead
Download your free copy of The Demand for Skilled Talent – Q1/Q2 2020 to find out:
- The importance of negotiating beyond salary when making a job offer.
- What you need to know about retention and the warning signs of burnout.
- Canadian unemployment rates for key occupations.
- How this knowledge helps organizations compete for talented professionals.
- How Robert Half can help with your staffing needs.
Dive deeper into hiring trends and learn what roles and skills are in demand by specialized field in the additional reports below.
Access our archived reports
Download previous volumes of The Demand for Skilled Talent to see how employment trends have evolved.