The unemployment rate is the lowest it’s been in decades in Canada, reducing the pool of available talent and increasing the already-high demand for top-notch professionals across the country. A persistently low national unemployment rate, and even lower unemployment rates for key occupations, suggests the market for skilled workers will remain tight.
That means 2019 presents even greater challenges for employers looking to expand their workforce.
Read the report for the latest employment trends
Gain a better understanding of today’s Canadian employment trends and improve your recruiting efforts by downloading The Demand for Skilled Talent. In this report, you’ll find the latest research on the employment market, including data from the most recent Statistics Canada Labour Force Survey Report and exclusive insight into hiring trends from Robert Half.
Recruitment challenges ahead
Download The Demand for Skilled Talent to find out:
- Why workers are willing to leave their jobs, and the perks and benefits they want most.
- Canadian unemployment rates for key occupations.
- How this knowledge helps you compete in the market for these essential professionals.
- Tips to help you recruit, hire, onboard and retain top talent.
- How Robert Half can help you with your staffing needs.
Download your free copy of The Demand for Skilled Talent – Q1/Q2 2019.
Access our archived reports
Download previous volumes of The Demand for Skilled Talent to see how employment trends have evolved.