Employment increased by 215,000 in the 12 months leading up to June 2018, reducing the pool of available talent and increasing the already-high demand for top-notch professionals across Canada. And a persistently low unemployment rate for many key positions suggest the market for skilled workers will remain tight.
That means the second half of 2018 presents even greater challenges for employers looking to expand their workforce.
Read the report for the latest employment trends
Gain a better understanding of today’s Canadian employment trends and improve your recruiting efforts by downloading The Demand for Skilled Talent. In this report, you’ll find the latest research on the employment market, including data from the Statistics Canada Labour Force Survey Report and exclusive insight into hiring trends from Robert Half.
Recruitment challenges ahead
Download The Demand for Skilled Talent to find out:
- What top candidates look for in a new job and how you can convince them your opportunity is best.
- How a poor hiring decision can affect your team.
- Canadian unemployment rates for the most in-demand positions across multiple fields and how that knowledge helps you compete in the market for these key professionals.
- Why workers are feeling more confident in their job prospects and what that means for your hiring and retention efforts.
- How Robert Half can help you with your staffing needs.
Download your free copy of The Demand for Skilled Talent – Q3/Q4 2018.
Access our archived reports
Download previous volumes of The Demand for Skilled Talent to see how employment trends have evolved.