Last Updated: September 29, 2022
Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information about you, including:
- We may collect personal information through your use of the Site or any services we provide to you, including when you register on our Site, use interactive features such as message boards or other communications functionality, subscribe to receive our communications, update your account information, respond to surveys and questionnaires, rate or review services, contact us with questions or comments, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content, or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- The personal information we may collect includes your name and contact information (email, address and phone number), job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, skills, reference information, background information, other information contained in your resume or other employment and career-related information that you provide, comments and materials you submit through interactive features such as message boards or other communications functionality, and any login ID or email address and password created by you.
- We may collect information that is publicly available or provided by third parties. For example, we may collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites. We may also purchase or obtain e-mail lists, customer leads and other data sources from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
Device information we collect through our Site includes:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to configure the Site properly for you and so that you can have a positive user experience.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as routing visitors to the appropriate website for the visitor’s country, calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address. If you accessed the Site using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as:
- To register you with the Site;
- To provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information;
- To provide you with information or services that you request;
- To communicate with you about our services or your use of our Site;
- To distribute comments and other content you provide on message boards or other communications functionality associated with the Site to other users of those message boards or other communications functionality;
- To administer and improve our services or Site, and to tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- To protect the Site against online threats such as spam bots and malware;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- If you have provided an express consent, or if we have an implied consent or an exemption under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, and if you have not opted-out of receiving such communications, to send you automated emails, text messages, or other communications containing promotional messaging. You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in the communication or by contacting us as indicated under the heading “Contact Us”.
We and other parties may display behaviorally retargeted advertising to you across the Internet based on your use of our Site. For more information, see the discussion below under the heading “Retargeting”.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose your information to prospective employers who have indicated an interest in receiving information from job applicants.
If you use interactive features such as message boards or other communications functionality, then we may disclose the information you submit through such features or functionality with the other users of such message boards or other communications functionality.
From time to time, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers, other third party business partners (and their service providers), such as in the following circumstances:
- To conduct research and/or analysis regarding products, consumers and other matters;
- To allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile; or
- To prevent such parties from sending promotional messages on our behalf to people who have asked us to not send such messages.
We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, and we may disclose your personal information to such service providers. We will require these parties to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and will not authorize them to use the personal information we provide for their direct marketing purposes unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in or opt-out of such disclosure.
Additionally, we will use and disclose personal information we believe to be permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws of jurisdictions outside Canada; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside Canada; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may share, with third parties, aggregated, statistical, or anonymous information that does not identify you.
We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads regarding our services when you access and use other websites, based on information relating to your use of the Site. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). By utilizing the Site, you consent to the use of cookie or other tracking technologies to serve you retargeted advertising.
Data collected may be shared with our third party vendor Criteo for cross device linking and advertising purposes. If you would like to learn more about cross device linking or opt out of Criteo advertising, please visit: http://www.criteo.com/privacy/
Third Party Services and Websites
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures intended to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and, to the extent permitted at law, is not intended to subject us to the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of Canada and the United States. The information we obtain from you through your use of the Site and your interaction with us may be stored in hard copy within your file, or electronically on secure data servers in the United States or cloud storage, in which case, you understand that this information may be available to local government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in foreign jurisdictions.
Please note that the websites we operate in jurisdictions other than Canada are governed by separate privacy policies linked to those websites.
Because we operate globally, your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or otherwise identified to you, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
If you have created an online account on the Site and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the Site to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information.
You may also contact us using the methods described below under the heading “Contact Us” to update your information, to request access to your information, or to request that necessary corrections be made to your information. Where applicable, as authorized or required by law, we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may require that you put your request in writing, and that you provide proof of your identify.
Any question, complaint or comment you may have with respect to personal information, and any request to access or correct your personal information, may be sent by mail or email using the following contact information:
Global Privacy Officer
Robert Half Canada Inc.
2884 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Email Address: [email protected]