Staff Accountant Job Description:
Staff accountants must possess strong time management and analytical skills, attention to detail, and solid communication abilities. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Strong technology skills are critical, particularly expertise with Microsoft Excel.
Typical Duties of a Staff Accountant:
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Maintaining general ledger charts of accounts
- Assisting with initial internal control evaluations
- Posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
Robert Half is a leading accounting temp agency. Upload your resume or tell us your hiring needs if you are looking to hire a staff accountant.