Senior Accountant Job Description:
Senior accountants should possess solid communication, technology, organizational and analytical skills. Companies hiring senior accountants generally look for at least three years’ experience, along with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. An accreditation such as a chartered professional accountant (CPA) designation is typically required.
Typical Duties of a Senior Accountant:
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Preparing financial statements
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Supervising accounting staff
Robert Half is a leading finance and accounting staffing agency. Upload your resume or tell us your hiring needs if you are looking to hire a senior accountant.