Successful candidates should have a strong technical background in systems and network security, along with excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities.
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills, are also essential.
It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations.
Employers normally seek a bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or a related discipline, along with five or more years of systems and network security experience. One or more years of managerial experience may also be required.
Industry certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or the CompTIA Security+ also are commonly sought by employers.
Typical Duties of an Information Systems Security Manager:
- Providing leadership, guidance and training to information systems security personnel
- Reviewing, implementing, updating and documenting companywide information security policies and procedures
- Managing security audits and vulnerability and threat assessments, and directing responses to network or system intrusions
- Ensuring fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates, including providing executive management with compliance reports and audit findings
- Preventing and detecting intrusion
CAD65000.00 - 70000.00 / Yearly
June 10, 2019
CAD90000.00 - 90000.00 / Yearly
June 17, 2019
June 12, 2019