Combining strong knowledge of finance and accounting with project management experience, financial project managers are excellent multitaskers with strong organizational skills and good attention to detail. They are clear communicators who work well across departments and display strong analytical skills. Most companies seek candidates with at least five years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in business or finance.
Typical Duties of a Financial Project Manager:
- Overseeing projects relating to cash flow, financial reporting, and revenue and expenses
- Assisting departments in creating and managing forecasts and budgets for various projects
- Gathering and analyzing data to identify areas for improvement and/or develop solutions to keep projects on budget and on time
- Establishing appropriate internal controls and project governance
- Supporting design and execution of the implementation process, including business requirement gathering, process documentation and solutions design
- Implementing change management strategies, ensuring stakeholders and teams are trained and adjusted to the new process