For this position, candidates should have experience working with financial management software and accounting systems. Most businesses look for professionals with at least three years of related work experience who are detail-oriented and have strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills. A bachelor’s degree in finance or a related discipline is required, and the chartered professional accountant (CPA) designation is desired. Experience with business intelligence software is also preferred.
Typical Duties of a Finance Systems Analyst:
- Developing and maintaining the company’s financial reporting systems and processes
- Analyzing data and financial systems processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and communicating recommendations to management
- Forecasting trends and business opportunities
- Providing training and support to financial systems users
- Creating and maintaining consolidated financial reports