Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles and procedures are key for this position, as is experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and accounting systems. A thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is also expected. Organizations look for candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting; a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance; and a chartered professional accountant (CPA) designation. Leadership and collaboration skills are also required.
Typical Duties of a Finance Manager:
- Overseeing transactional accounting functions such as accounts payable, receivables and payroll
- Coordinating and preparing monthly financial reports, external quarterly financial statements, and performance metrics
- Working with the management team to prepare annual budget, forecast and strategic business plans
- Developing accounting and finance policies and procedures
- Communicating with management regarding financial performance
- Coordinating reports on compliance with IFRS regulations