Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information about you, including:
- We may collect personal information through your use of the App or any services we provide to you, including when you register on our App, use interactive features such as message boards or other communications functionality, subscribe to receive our communications, save job searches, update your account information, respond to surveys and questionnaires, rate or review services, contact us with questions or comments, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content, or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- The personal information we may collect includes your name and contact information (email, address and phone number), job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, skills, reference information, background information, other information contained in your resume or other employment and career-related information that you provide, comments and materials you submit through interactive features such as message boards or other communications functionality, and any login ID or email address and password created by you. With your prior consent (provided in-App), we may also track your location information when you utilize the App functionality involving your location such as a feature telling you where you are in relation to a Robert Half office or a feature narrowing your job search based on your location.
- We may collect information that is publicly available or provided by third parties. For example, we may collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites. We may also purchase or obtain e-mail lists, customer leads and other data sources from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
Information we collect through our App includes:
- Device information: If you download and use the App, we will collect information about your device including your device model, operating system and version, and performance of the App on your device (for example, if the App crashes).
- Through the App: Certain information is collected through your device, such as your mobile device type, device manufacturer and model, and language. We use this information to configure the App properly for you and so that you can have a positive user experience. If you utilize the job search function, or save jobs or other information within the App, then we may use some of the storage space on your device for saving those job searches, jobs, or other information.
- Analytics: We use Firebase for analytics. Firebase collects data relating to your use of the App. For example, if you click on a job, Firebase tells us that particular job has been clicked on. We use Google search for job searches. Google will track which words you enter into the search bar and which links you click on once search results are obtained.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as:
- To register you with the App;
- To provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information;
- To provide you with information or services that you request;
- To communicate with you about our services or your use of our App;
- To distribute comments and other content you provide on message boards or other communications functionality associated with the App to other users of those message boards or other communications functionality;
- To administer and improve our services or App, and to tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- If you have provided an express consent, or if we have an implied consent or an exemption under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, and if you have not opted-out of receiving such communications, to send you automated emails, text messages, or other communications containing promotional messaging. You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in the communication or by contacting us as indicated under the heading “Contact Us”.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose your information to prospective employers who have indicated an interest in receiving information from job applicants.
If you use interactive features such as message boards or other communications functionality, then we may disclose the information you submit through such features or functionality with the other users of such message boards or other communications functionality.
From time to time, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers, other third party business partners (and their service providers), such as in the following circumstances:
- To conduct research and/or analysis regarding products, consumers and other matters;
- To allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile; or
- To prevent such parties from sending promotional messages on our behalf to people who have asked us to not send such messages.
We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, and we may disclose your personal information to such service providers. We will require these parties to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and will not authorize them to use the personal information we provide for their direct marketing purposes unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in or opt-out of such disclosure. For more specific information relating to third party service providers, please see our discussion of “Analytics” above.
Additionally, we will use and disclose personal information we believe to be permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws of jurisdictions outside Canada; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside Canada; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may share, with third parties, aggregated, statistical, or anonymous information that does not identify you.
When using the App, you are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges that you may incur for accessing and/or using the App.
We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Third Party Services and Websites
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures intended to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
As part of the App, you may receive push notifications sent to you outside or inside the App which may include alerts, badges, banners and sounds ("Push Messages"). If you agree to allow Push Messages, then the App will generate Push messages on your mobile device. You may control the Push Messages in your device’s or the App’s settings. Some of the Push Messages may be related to your location. Your carrier may charge standard data and other fees for use of Push Messages, and these fees may appear on your mobile bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Push Messages and certain Push Messages may be incompatible with your carrier or mobile device. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues. You may discontinue Push Messages in your device’s or the App’s settings or by deleting the App. We may collect information related to your use of Push Messages. If you have registered for Push Messages, you agree to notify us of any changes to your mobile number, as applicable, and update your account on the App to reflect this change.
Use of App by Minors
The App is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
The App is controlled and operated by us from the United States and, to the extent permitted at law, is not intended to subject us to the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of Canada and the United States. The information we obtain from you through your use of the App and your interaction with us may be stored in hard copy within your file, or electronically on secure data servers in the United States or cloud storage, in which case you understand that this information may be available to local government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in foreign jurisdictions.
Because we operate globally, your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our App, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or otherwise identified to you, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
If you have created an online account on the App and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the App to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information.
You may also contact us using the methods described below under the heading “Contact Us” to update your information, to request access to your information, or to request that necessary corrections be made to your information. Where applicable, as authorized or required by law, we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may require that you put your request in writing, and that you provide proof of your identify.
Any question, compliant or comment you may have with respect to personal information, and any request to access or correct your personal information, may be sent by mail or email using the following contact information:
The Webmaster Robert Half Canada Inc. 2884 Sand Hill Road Suite 200 Menlo Park, California 94025 Email Address: [email protected]