Shipping and Receiving clerk
$45,000.00 to $51,000.00 per year
North York, ON
May 23, 2019
Office & Administrative
We are looking for a responsible Receiving Clerk to receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders.
A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have adequate physical strength to unload shippings as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
* Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
* Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
* Unload packages from incoming trucks
* Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
* Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
* Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
* Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
* Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
* Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
* Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
* Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
* Experience in operating forklifts (Forklift certification is a strong asset)
* WSIB certification would be a strong asset as well
* Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
* Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
* Basic math and recording abilities
* Excellent organizational skills
* Great communication and interpersonal abilities
* Keen eye for detail
* Good physical condition
* High school diploma
To apply to this position please submit your resume to [email protected] today! Our client is eager to hire.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888-490-4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
North York, ON5140 Yonge St
North York ON M2N 6L7